Saturday, August 20, 2011

Crop Over 2011 Review: Bliss Summer Edition



The first thing I heard when I started my research and planning for  my trip to Barbados for Crop Over 2011 was that Bliss: The  Summer Edition was a must do event. Ultra all-inclusive: premium drinks, a wide array of food, beautiful people, and an all around classy event. Unfortunately I also heard that the tickets were next to impossible to get a hold of (the previous year the tickets sold out in minutes). This year they sold out in seconds!!! I want to say thanks to all the people that helped me beat the odds and get tickets including the folks in the Islandmix chat room (for providing me with all the information I needed to know as to how to acquired a ticket). The gentlemen of Esquire Entertainment, for sending a detailed response to my numerous questions, and Trple FDesigns for answering all of my inquiries as well and urging me to send my ticket request as early as possible.


THE EVENT:


Since this was my first event for the Cropover season I wanted to make the most of it so I decided I would get there as early as possible. However when my taxi dropped me to the shuttle bus location I was surprised to only see about three or four cars  parked there. Needless to say I was a little early. The gentleman who worked with the shuttle bus driver made sure I was well entertained as we waited for other guest to arrive and in a matter of about 10 minutes we had a full bus and were on our way to the venue.
<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
Striking a pose on the bus...


 The pleasantries that I read about while I was at home about  the Bliss experience were all there. I was greeted and received my band (to legitimize my entry) by the hostess  as well as  given  a carnation and  paper fan of my choice. As I walked further in the venue I was invited to have either a champagne spritzer (champagne and Hypnotic) or a specialty mixed drink. Although I sampled and enjoyed both (greed..lol) the champagne and Hypnotic mix quickly became my favorite.
<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
Waiting to hand over my ticket...
<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
That look, that look is called EXCITEMENT :0)


The venue was beautiful with various lounge areas outfitted with couches and ottomans, plenty of bars stocked with premium drinks, and theme specific bars including  a wine bar and  a Remy Martin bar. The day of  Bliss Esquire Entertainment sent an email advising the ladies who were attending to lave the heels at home. I  obliged and opted to wear my platforms sandals  but quickly found out why they suggested to leave the heels at home. Have you ever tried to strut in your heels through grass? No matter what you do you end up looking a mess. No, a HOT mess!
<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
Me...posing in the platforms.
<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
This tent was a life saver from the HOT SUN!


<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
My go to tent...


<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
The dance floor
In addition to this there were various food stations including a Thai, Caribbean, and a Dessert section. I sampled  a few of the selections of food (including some Sushi Rolls) however I was not impressed by anything that I ate. The food was edible but it wasn't the same caliber of the food that I had at Brian Lara's All-Inclusive.

<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
The crowd was pretty diverse...


<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
As the sun began to set the dance floor became the only place to be. At first I was disappointed that there was no artist performing but  as soon as my feet touched the floor the DJ had me singing "My Daddy Bajan" (my remix to Rupee's "I am a Bajan"),  bending over and not looking back, jonesing while I wukked up, and whistling and wining. I had a time! Bliss was definitely worth the $200 BDS  the I payed for each ticket, it's a Cropover must do! Wish I could got to Barbados this Christmas for their Old Years Night event.

<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
A glimpse of the dance floor...





OUTTAKES:

<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
Me on the dance floor...
<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
I LOVED her dress...the food, not so much. Check out the scrunched eyebrows.


<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
Loved her dress as well.


<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
Trying to show off my bedazzled nail.
I love their natural hair styles and outfits...

Draw your own conclusions...lol

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...