Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer Hair Update

Hey folks,


I realized I have been really quiet about my hair lately and thought it was about time I gave an update. For the majority of the  summer I have been rocking a combo of kinky twists and cornrows. Why? It's simple, they resemble my natural hair, I wake up every morning  and style my hair with ease, and unlike braid extensions they are easy to put in and remove!

Pic time! These shots are all random shots from my camera over the last 2 weeks or so. My apologies...I usually take pictures of my hair right after getting it done however this time around I did not have a chance to do so.



I may have shared this pic already. The cornrows this time around are super tiny...which was a blessing and a curse!

A close up of the style.  The kinky twists are mainly in the front of my head and I roll and pin them as I see fit....


Even closer.... This is a make up check pic: I always take a pic of my makeup before I go out to make sure I blended well...lol. #paranoid
Oh...my earrings are  from Geishagirl.bigcartel.com... my sister's website! These were $5... 
I've shared this pic. View of the front of the hair style...

Although I loved the overall look of this style I found it way more difficult to maintain than my previous style. I am not sure if it was the humidity in St. Lucia or the size of the cornrows but this time around my hair seemed to get frizzy quickly. To maintain this style I tied my hair with a satin scarf nightly and sprayed with Organic Root Stimulator's: Nature's Shine. I not only love the smell of this hair product, but the ingredients are amazing. The first ingredient listed is Coconut Oil, you can not go wrong with that. Although I purchased the Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Blossom Moisture Mist specifically for my Kinky Twists I decided not to use it. My rationale? I was combatting hair frizz and I felt as if the mositure mist would create more frizz since it is a water based product as opposed to the ORS Nature's Shine which  is an oil based product. I was able to keep this style for 3 weeks, but to be honest  if I wasn't out of the country I would have taken this style out after 2...

At the moment I am giving my hair a break from Kinky Twists (well at least until this Friday) and I am rocking my hair like this...


Flat twists, regular twists, a few bobby pins and voila....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...