Sunday, July 8, 2012

Nelly's Summertime Soundtrack

I have always been a creature of the night, but lately (since the string of heat waves in NYC) I have made it a point NOT to leave my house until dusk because it is simply TOO hot. I LOVE the  summer but 90+ degree days motivate me to do one thing, sit directly under my AC  and wait until the sun goes down. After a while TV, and even the internet (blasphemy, I know) gets tiring but music, music never grows old. Lately I have spent my time jumping up to soca, reflecting with reggae, sweating to dancehall, head bobbing to hip-hop, and even practicing my fist pump to pop (my new love is Katty Perry). Honestly, what is summer time without music....

Some of my top picks...

SOCA:
Rayzor- Sponsor Meh: I have to thank my sis for the love I have for this song. It is our cooler fete anthem!


Kes-Your Body Working: Just follow the instructions... you will definitely have a work out. #enoughsaid


Benjai- People's Champion: This tune can never grow old for me



Reggae:
Jah Cure- That Girl: What's a good BBQ without some lovers rock ...


Busy Signal-Missing you




RDX- Jump: This video isn't for the faint of heart...lol.


Mr. Vegas- Bruk it Down: People are still getting excited over this one...


Hip Hop:

Meek Mills  ft Drake : Amen



Cash Out- Cashing Out: No rhyme or reason for my love of this tune... I just do!


POP:

Fun. ft. Janelle Monae- We Are Young:  Love Janelle Monae AND this song...



And last but NOT least... Katty Perry- Firework: Yes, this song came out over a  year ago, but I love the message...



That's all folks! I think I should start packing....lol. Next time you hear from me I will be in beautiful St. Lucia!

~Nelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...