Sunday, July 1, 2012

Share the Love Beauty Soiree ReCap

What do you look for in a natural hair meet-up? Personally, I have been natural for YEARS (since '03) and as a result my main goal of attending an event isn't to learn natural hair techniques or about new hair products (although I always seem to walk out with some #teamproductjunkie). What makes me feel like a natural hair meet-up/event was well worth it is when I have the chance to connect with other naturals. The subject matter doesn't have to be hair, but the feeling of camaraderie is always there. When I attended Sade of 1girlboutique.com's 2nd Annual Share the Love Beauty Soiree I felt just that.

Some of the naturalista's I met...

















The venue, The Denim Lounge in Bedstuy, provided an intimate yet spacious environment for naturals to chit chat with one another, explore the vendor tables (Wonder Curl, Amazing Botanicals, and 1Girl Boutique to name a few), all while enjoying a glass of wine. A variety of refreshments were also served including sandwich wraps, pasta, and cupcakes. Essence Magazine was also on site to take pictures for an upcoming Streetstyle segment.
Amazing Botanicals


My fav piece from 1GirlBoutique


My sis in front of the infamous Denim Lounge mural

I look forward to attending the 3rd Annual Share the Love Beauty Soiree. At 5 dollars for admission the price was right, it was informative, intimate and the proceeds went towards a great cause, Black Girls Rock. The only thing I would suggest for next year is for the event  be a bit longer and maybe a few more presenters/workshops. Maybe even some get to know you/ice-breaking games (ok...a little cheesy I know). Other than that, job well done!



Sade of 1 Girl Botique and I
More pics HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...