Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Vitamin a Day Keeps The Doctor Away...

Hey Folks,


The last few months have been very tough for me. Work has grown more demanding than ever and most of my time and energy is spent there. This leaves me very little time for simple things like manicures, reality tv, and eating healthy. When I look in the mirror it is quite evident that life is taking its toll on me even with my hair. What is a girl to do? Now that I have taken the first steps to retaining healthy hair by getting my hair trimmed I decided that I needed to supplement my diet for optimal hair health as well. My hair dresser Janice suggests a daily does of Silica combined with Biotin to grow healthy hair strands. I couldn't find the Silica in my local Rite Aid so I picked up a package of GNC be-BEAUTIFUL Hair Skin and Nails vitamins and Cod Liver Oil Capsules.
Although there were several different types of hair, skin, and  nails vitamins at Rite Aid I opted for the GNC brand because of the amounts of Biotin and Silica in each individually wrapped chewable tab. At 19.99 for 60 vitamins this GNC brand was pricier than most of the others, hopefully this will  motivate me tro actually finish the package. Unfortunately these vitamins look a lot better than they taste. The texture is like that of a warm Laffy Taffy or Tootsie Roll, which wouldn't be terrible but they are extremely sweet. The ingredients are as follows:


Biotin
Is an essential B-vitamin important for the growth of healthy cells.* Just one daily dose of be-BEAUTIFUL™ will provide a whopping 6000 mcg of biotin to nourish healthy and strong hair, skin and nails.*
Collagen
Features collagen, a source of amino acids that are essential building blocks of protein. Amino acids are needed for the growth and repair of tissues such as skin, nails, and hair.*
Amino Acids
Be-BEAUTIFUL™ features premium amino acids naturally present in healthy hair, skin and nails.* With 100 mg of gelatin plus L-Cysteine and L-methionine, your hair will be lustrous, your skin will be vibrant and you'll have strong, healthy nails.*
Antioxidants
Lutein is an antioxidant known for supporting skin hydration.* Coupled with alpha-Lipoic acid and green tea, these antioxidants protect against damaging free radicals that can promote the cell-aging process.*
-BEAUTIFUL™, you can look and feel beautiful from the - inside out!
be-Healthy, be-Nourished, be-Vibrant... be-BEAUTIFUL™
No Sugar, No Starch, No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Flavors, No Preservatives, No Wheat, No Gluten, No Corn, No Soy No Dairy, Yeast Free.
                                                                            Source


So far I have taken one of these tabs everyday since I purchased them and I am not sure when I should expect to see results. Have you ever used hair vitamins? If so, have you noticed any results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...