Monday, June 13, 2011

Hair Style Of The Week--Weekend Edition

This past weekend was a pretty busy one for me. Slightly overwhelmed by a list of events I wanted/needed to attend and the desire to look attempt to look picture perfect I scoured YouTube for hair inspiration. Without a clear vision on exactly how I would style my hair I decided to untwist my twists and attempt an updo. After about 45 minutes of pinning, twisting, rolling, and tucking I succumbed to the fact that the updo was an #EPICFAIL. What does any Naturalista do when she's short on time? You guessed it a puff. (-_-) That's what I rocked this past weekend. In an effort to mix it up a bit I left the shorter strands of my hair (the front of my hair that I recently cut all of the heat damaged ends from)  out of the puff for a side bang. I used Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste on my edges, I love the sleek it leaves me with little effort on my part.







Confession: My hair is OVERDUE for a wash (I'm going on week 3). In an effort to keep my strands moisturized I have been moisturizing my hair with (1)a few spritzes of Jane Carter's Leave-In Conditioner (2) a quarter sized amount of  Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine and (3) a quarter sized amount of Vatika Oil. After this I place a shower cap over my head and then tie my headscarf on.  In the morning when I remove my scarf I am left with slightly damp (which helps with styling) moisturized hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...