Tuesday, June 14, 2011

MEETING UP...


I'm not sure how many of you out there have ever used meetup.com to befriend a group of like minded individuals but I will say if you haven't you should give it a try. What is meetup.com? It is a website where people can create a group based on their specific interest. Some examples of groups are young professionals in NYC, women who like to travel, and adults who like to play soccer. Once you join a group you can choose to attend any meetup events they host, whether it be trips to foreign places or comedy night at a local club. What I enjoy most about this site is that not only does it give you the opportunity to meet new people but it allows you to explore a new interest. Have you always wanted to become a real estate mogul? Join the Property Professionals of NY Group. It's that simple.
One meetup group that I have joined  is Jenelle of KinkyCoilyCurlyMe's -Natural Hair Diva's Rock Group. I love the variety of this groups events that in the past have included Chipotle lunches, movie debuts, and educational hair events. I also love  and  appreciate the fact that Jenelle and Sasha (the co-organizer) have invited group members to plan their own meetups as well. Lastly, any opportunities  given to me to meet other women who wear their hair natural and swap stories are cherished by me. As a result I am hosting a brunch/natural hair  meetup on Saturday July 9th at 11am in NYC. Interested? Join the group here and check the calendar for details. Hope to see some of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...