Thursday, July 14, 2011

Moptop Maven's Ayurvedic Deep Conditioning Mix

Around the beginning of this year I decided that most of my hair care practices would be Ayurvedic. This decision came mainly from the information about the benefits of Ayurvedic products, Henna for example, on blogs like Curly Nikki and the Moptop Maven (who I miss dearly). Here is a mini pictorial of a recipe for a Deep Condtioner that I have tried many times that was posted on Moptops Blog.


Deep Conditioning Mix
1/4 cup Aveda Damage Remedy Conditioner
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients together and use immediately. Gently section your hair, and use an applicator brush to generously apply the mixture starting at the scalp, and working your way down the hair shaft. Cover with a plastic cap and allow mixture to sit on head for about 45minutes-hour.

At the time I tried this recipe I did not have (or had any plan to buy) Aveda's Damage Remedy Conditioner so I used my Shea Moisture Organic Yucca and  Baobab Anti-Breakage Masque instead. I really enjoy this conditioner because it is thick which allowed the Deep Conditining Mix to have some hold.





Vatika Oil!! My favorite Coconut Oil!

The Ayurvedic Powders


From what I have learned from conditioning with Henna  the process of mixing ayurvedic powders and applying them to you hair can be a bit messy. In order to combat this issue I use a gallon size plastic bag (resealable) to mix all my ingredients.

queeze the mixture into my hair from root to tip.





Afterwards I  let the mixture sit in my hair for about an  hour or use my steamer for 30 minutes and then rinse.My thoughts? Although I use this deep condtioning mix every time I wash my hair I find it difficult to wash all of the Ayurvedic powders from my hair. In addition to this I felt as if the powders needed were difficult to find and  I ended up ordering them online. Overall this is a good recipe for all of the mixtresses out there. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...