Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Beverage...Spicy Cayenne Shandy

While doing laundry the other day I came across a magazine that I have seen before in random places (the supermarket, Rite-Aid, subway newsstands) but never read or had an interest in reading. However on this particular day I had a thousand (ok maybe a hundred) loads of laundry to do and was forced to entertain myself with whatever magazines were available.


Real Simple: Life Made Easier, Every Day not only kept me entertained but as promised gave me simple solutions to every day life issues. For example,  there was a whole article dedicated to teaching me how to organize my closet in a few moments. Needless to say the magazine left the laundry room with me  and as I flipped through it again yesterday I came across the following recipe:
Source
Spicy Cayenne Shandy:

Ingredients

This recipe caught my attention not only because it reminded me of Carib Shandy
but I possessed all of the ingredients and it seemed quick and easy to make (not to mention I swear I am a bartender). How did it taste?  Refreshing and very light with a hint of heat.
Carib, Lemonade, Cayenne Peper


Salt and Cayenne Pepper
Finished result! Not quite like the picture, but you get the point.

 A great drink for a summer day. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...