Monday, January 10, 2011

Story of a DISCIPLINED Naturalista: My NEW Hair Rules

In order to reach my hair goals for 2011 I created a hair regimen to which I could stay true (fingers crossed).  With my current work schedule the thought of washing my hair every week is a painful one, but I know that this is all for the greater good! Along the way I may alter this routine by adding or eliminating some products, but here is what I have so far:
·         SUNDAY:
§  Finger comb through hair to detangle with Grapeseed Oil or Olive Oil. Eventually I will switch to Vatika Oil (Coconut oil infused with Ayurvedic Herbs).  Twist hair into four-six sectionsand place under a plastic cap for an hour.
§  Shampoo hair with a moisturizing shampoo section-by-section. Currently, I own Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Giovanni’s Deeper Moisture Shampoo, and Shea Moisture’s Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. (I would like to pick one of these, but this Naturalista is on a budget and will be finishing all three of these bottles J ). I am going to continue to use Kimmaytubes’  shampoo buffer technique and follow my shampoo with a conditioner to detangle hair. In a nutshell, rather than rinse shampoo out completely you squeeze out excess shampoo and place conditioner on each section detangle then rinse. Need more details? Click here!
§  Condition with Herbal Essences’s Hello Hydration Conditioner or TRESeme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner. Rinse.
§  Deep Condition with Giovanni’s Deeper Moisture Conditioner supplemented with Nettle, Horsetail, and   coconut oil.  Followed by either a  deep conditioning with my Huetiful Hair Steamer or a hard bonnet hair dryer for 30 minutes.
§  Rinse hair in cold water to close the cuticles.
§  Apply leave-in conditioner to my hair - I am currently alternating between Herbal Essence’s Long Term Relationship Leave-In and Giovanni’s Direct Leave –In Hair Treatment and seal with a mixture of Jojoba and Coconut oils.
§  Style: The plan is to style my hair using a homemade mix comprised mostly of Organic Raw Shea Butter, but I’m in search of  something else that I can use for styling. For example, I loved Miss Jessie’s Baby Buttercreme because it kept my hair super soft, hydrated, and glossy; but, I cannot stand the smell of it -*YIKES!*  The list of ingredients alone make me cringe!  Do you have any suggestions? What do you use as your styling agent?
·         MONDAY: 
§  Back at work with clean, shiny, healthy looking hair. \m/ J \m/
·         TUESDAY:
§  Dampen hair with Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave-in Hair Treatment and seal in the moisture with a mixture of Coconut oil and Castor oil or Vatika oil.
·         WEDNESDAY:
·         Hump Day! Making weekend plans!
·         THURSDAY:
§  Dampen Hair with Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave-in Hair Treatment  and seal in the moisture with a mixture of Coconut oil and Castor oil or Vatika oil.
·         FRIDAY: 
§  Time to celebrate! I made it to the weekend ladies. J
·         SATURDAY:
§  Dampen hair with Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave-in Hair Treatment and seal in the moisture with a mixture of Coconut oil and Castor Oil or Vatika Oil.
·         SUNDAY:
§  Take it from the top!!!
In addition, I plan on purchasing some herbs for bi-weekly herbal rinses, creating herb infused oils, and using Henna on a monthly basis as well.

                                                                  THE ARSENAL!!!
Are you a regimented Naturalista or do you listen to your hair and react as necessary? What items does your hair regimen consist of?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...