Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Style of the Week

Hey Ladies,
As I mentioned in my Hair Goals  post I am looking for hairstyles that serve a dual purpose - both fashion-forward and protective. This by no means is an easy task; and I am pretty sure I have missed my mark in one of the above categories (either once or several times. LOL) Despite the challenges I face, I continue to hunt on the web (specifically YouTube) for practical, stylish, and protective styles (almost oxymoronic...I know). This past weekend was no different and as I sat under the hair steamer, scouring YouTube, I came across this video by vintagebashment:

I immediatly thought JACKPOT!! It was simple, chic, and - most of all - something I can re-create. After my attempt, here are illustrations of my results:

The Front!


The Sides...

The Back...need to work on getting an even part. : )
This is the hairstyle for this week. I will re-flatwist the sides (after moisturizing) every other day. What do you think? Where do you get your protective style influences from?



1 comment:

  1. I am glad I found your blog nice styles for inspiration. I am attempting to do a protective style on a week to week basis. This are very nice and seemingly easy to maintain! Wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...