Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Style of the Week



This week I decided to keep it simple to alleviate some stress. Last week I attempted the tuck and roll, which I showed in some pictures:
The Tuck and Roll 

 However, whenever I took down my hair to re-moisturize it I had the hardest time pinning it back up. I ended up putting my hair in a low pony tail, which received a lot of compliments, but is all but protective. I scoured YouTube for protective style inspiration, which turned out to be unsuccessful. In the end I settled on a combination of flat twists on one side and some medium sized twists on the other. In an effort to add a protective element, I pinned up the twist to one side and pin curled the side that was left out. On Monday morning I unpinned the twists and I was pleased. 
Flat twists...

Pinned up twists in the back...

This method proved to be simple, effective, and hat friendly (it was like 2 degrees in NYC). I’ll probably rock a twist-out from these twists this weekend. I’m still on the hunt for next week’s style myself. What are some hair styles that you’re considering in the upcoming week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...