Monday, March 7, 2011

Hair Regimen Updates!


Source

I can't believe it is March already! Time is flying.  This would mean that I am in the second month of Moptop Maven's Hair Challenge and completing my first month of Kim Cole's Grow Out Challenge. ( I know...how many challenges can you do at once. The answer: As many as you like!) I have made a few changes to my hair regimen along the way:


·         Sunday  Saturday Night:
§  Finger comb through hair to detangle with Grapeseed Oil or Olive Oil. Eventually I will switch to Vatika Oil (Coconut oil infused with Avyuredic Herbs).  Twist hair into four-six sections  and place under a plastic cap for an hour overnight.

·         Sunday:

§  Shampoo hair with a moisturizing shampoo section-by-section. Currently, I own Herbal Essences Hello Hydration , Giovanni’s Deeper Moisture Shampoo (Finished those), and Shea Moisture’s Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. I have decided to use Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner long term. I love the combination and the way it makes my hair feel while shampooing and rinsing. It also eliminates this --> I am going to continue to use Kimmaytubes’ technique and follow my shampoo with a conditioner to detangle hair. (Rather than rinse shampoo out completely you squeeze out excess shampoo and place conditioner on each section.)  
§  Condition with Herbal Essences’s Hello Hydration Conditioner or TRESeme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner. Rinse.
§  Deep Condition with Giovanni’s Deeper Moisture Conditioner with some coconut oil. I am trying and reviewing a serioes of different condiotners/deep conditioners. Yes To Carrots Pampering Conditoner was the last conditioner I used. Currently I am using Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Masque (The review will be posted shortley). No matter what conditoner I use I will boost its conditioning power with Olive Oil, Honey, Shea Butter, Vatika Oil, Nettle and Horsetail Extract and sometimes Vitamin E.  Follwed by either deep conditioning with my Huetiful Hair Steamer or a hard bonnet hair dryer for 30 minutes.
§  Rinse hair in cold water to close the cuticles.
§  Apply leave-in conditioner to my hair - I am currently alternating between Herbal Essence’s Long Term Relationship Leave-In and Giovanni’s Direct Leave –In Hair Treatment (This leave-in conditoner always made my hair feel dried out a day later) and seal with a mixture of Jojoba and Coconut oils Vatika Oil and a small amount of Mahabhringraj Tail Oil .
§  Style: My current styling agent of choice Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie.        


·         Monday: 
§  Back at work with clean, shiny, healthy looking hair. \m/ J \m/.
 ·         Tuesday:
§  Dampen hair with water and Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave-in Hair Treatment and add Herbal Essence's Long Term Relationship Leave-In Conditioner and seal in the moisture with a mixture of Coconut oil and Castor oil or Vatika oil.
·         Wedensday:
·         Hump Day! Making weekend plans!
·         Thursday:
§   Dampen hair with water and Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave-in Hair Treatment and add Herbal Essence's Long Term Relationship Leave-In Conditioner and seal in the moisture with a mixture of Coconut oil and Castor oil or Vatika oil.
·         Friday: 
§  Time to celebrate! I made it to the weekend ladies.
·         Saturday:
§  Dampen hair with water and Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave-in Hair Treatment and add Herbal Essence's Long Term Relationship Leave-In Conditioner and seal in the moisture with a mixture of Coconut oil and Castor oil or Vatika oil.
      Looking at this revamped list it seems as if alot has changed! I have been working on my diet as well  (you are what you eat) which I will go into detail about in another post.  I have been consistent with keeping up with my regimen and all its changes and have even managed to squeeze in a Henna treatment and purchased some Ayurvedic products that I will begin to rotate into my regimen. Here's to another month of success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...