Sunday, March 20, 2011

Target Haul: E.L.F. and Rimmel and Milani...oh my!

I found myself in Target (Flatbush Ave location in Brooklyn) yesterday looking for a  Rimmel lipstick in  the color Airy Fairy. The reason being? This wasn't my usual Target and I figured this location would have more of a selection of make up and hair products. Why Airy Fairy? Two vloggers that I typically watch on YouTube Ms.Vaughn and her sister Meechy Monroe swear by Rimmel's Airy Fairy and claim that this shade of  pink lipstick would compliment darker skin tones because of its brown undertones so I wanted to give it a try. (The jury is still out on this one but more on that later).The good news? I found Airy Fairy. The bad news? I walked out of Target with a whole lot more! This Target sells E.L.F. products which I love because of their low cost ($1-$3) and has a huge beauty section stocked with hair products for women of color. I even saw a couple of Taliah Waajid hair products (although once I looked at the ingredients I was disappointed and quickly placed it back on the shelf) which they don't have at my local Target.
Where's Airy Fairy? Somewhere to your left ; )
What I bought:
Organic Root Stimulator: Olive Oil Edge Control  4.99 --> I've read a lot about this product on blogs and other natural hair forums raving about how it truly slicks down those edges. The product junkie couldn't resist it once I saw it on the shelf.

Milani Baked Bronzer in Golden 7.99--> Random I know. I was looking for a translucent powder for shine reduction. However, I couldn't find any so I walked out with this.

Tried to show the color of the bronzer on my hand but it's hard to see. : (
I did try it on last night and  I believe this is a product you have to be light handed with. It has flecks of gold which can  be very whimsical but can easily cross the line into a Carnival Tuesday make up look.
Beautiful... but not for every day! (Source)
E.L.F.  Total Face Brush 1.00--> I purchased this for every day use because my current powder brush is shedding .
E.L.F. Concealer Brush 1.00 --> I use my fingers to apply my concealer (with the exception of when using concealer to shape my eyebrows) so I decided to give this concealer brush a try.
E.L.F. Bronzing Brush 1.00--> I picked this up for my new bronzer. ; )
E.L.F. Brightening Eyeliner in Midnight 1.00--> I was excited because this pencil came with a sharpener and I REALLY needed a new pencil sharpener. I have not taken this out of the package yet but as I am sitting here I am wondering is midnight a shade of  blue or black? Hope it's black. ; )
Altoids (Peppermint Flavor) 1.82--> I think I'm addicted to this mint. I try to always have some on hand.
Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender 5.99--> My co-worker and I were having a discussion about mascara last week and she suggested this one. I grabbed it as soon as I saw it in Target and I will be using it tomorrow morning. : )
E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine in Honey Do 1.00--> I picked this lip gloss up because I wanted something I can use on a daily basis for shine. I did try this one on yesterday and it goes on smoothly, isn't sticky, and taste great! It's a winner in my book.
E.L.F. Studio Minty Lip Gloss in Nashville 3.00--> I am constantly looking for a nude lip gloss that flatters my skin tone. The color on this particular one is very sheer so I think it will compliment many different complexions.
E.L.F. Studio Glitter Gloss in Glam Guava 3.00 --> I love glittery glosses for nights on the town. This is just another one to add to my arsenal.
E.L.F. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips 1.00 -->  Another attempt I made on finding the perfect nude/pink lip color for my complexion. For a dollar I figured why not.
Oh and...
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy 4.18 --> They only had one of these so I made sure to secure it as soon as I saw it. I will do a review on all of these lip shades in a future posts.


Order of appearance: Honey Do, Glam Guava, Nashville, Baby Lips, Airy Fairy
Going to wash this conditioner out of my hair! Ciao...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...