Monday, January 23, 2012

For the kids....

As a meet up attending, YouTube watching, blog writing, natural hair wearing chic I am usually well aware of the happenings in the natural hair world. I can honestly count on my two hands the number of times I have come across an event geared towards children. Why is that? Aren't they the naturals of the future? Aren't they the ones on the front line defending their decision to wear their hair differently than the Nikki Minaj's or Beyonce's? Aren't they the ones continuously in the battle of defining their identity? I for one think the real work is with the pre-teens, tweens, and teens in our community and teaching them that they are beautiful just the way they are. *steps of soapbox*
I was so happy when I was browsing through 'Fro Fashion Week's website and saw this flyer:


I don't know if anyone who reads this blog is in the Atlanta area. If you do you should take a girl you know to this event. If anyone else comes across a natural hair event geared towards children please send it my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...