Monday, January 16, 2012

Keeping my day job ...POS in 31 days!!

How long does it take for you to kill all the nerves in your finger? For example, when a seamstress no longer feels when a needle pricks her because she has sewn for years. I ask because as I type this my left thumb is sore and sensitive to the touch. Whats worse is I know that I can not do much about it because once the soreness passes I am going to make it sore again. Why? I have finally started bedazzling my top for Carnival Monday and burned myself a million times with my glue gun in the process! I give credit to the individuals who create, design, and produce mas; I know that it is not an easy task. The only reason I haven't given up and tried to make some last minute order for Monday Wear is because of the money and time I have already spent in thinking of ideas and ordering supplies.

I am using 3 different types of clear rhinestones and gold studs!

Although I am no where near done but I thought I would give you all a sneak peak!


Can you see my vision?

Almost! I am going to buy some smaller rhinestones to fill in the majority of the gaps.

Hours later....


Things I have learned so far:
  • Glue guns are HOT!
  • Glue from glue guns is HOTTER!
  • Not all rhinestones are created equal. The one's I have purchased have a "c"quality. This equates to tiny scratches on the surface of the stone. Not noticeable from a distance but annoying to me because I know they are there.
  • Hot glue on your finger takes a while to cool off!

Anyone else creating their own Monday wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...